Storytelling for Persuasion and Transformation
PERSUADE ANY AUDIENCE EFFECTIVELY AND AUTHENTICALLY
Persuasion isn’t about finding hacks to fool your audience, it’s about understanding their problems, their way of seeing the world and empowering them to pursue the things that will fulfill their desires.
MANAGE YOUR ANXIETY AND OTHER EMOTIONS
Let go of stage fright or the need to control your audience. Worry less about who or what could sabotage your presentation. Learn the effective strategy of Downloading and Zooming Out and develop a healthier relationship with your fears and insecurities.
CRAFT SHORT AND MEMORABLE PERSUASIVE STORIES
Learn how to apply simple story structures and concepts to WOW! your audience and make your message land effectively in their minds. With a simple pitch deck of stories you will manage to make any idea or product relatable and desirable for your audience.
USE STORIES TO FACILITATE A MEANINGFUL EXPERIENCE
You will learn to apply “The Hero’s Journey” model in the leadership or customer experience of those we want to persuade. The end point of a good story is behavioral change, whether we’re talking about becoming better professionals or about buying and properly using the products you sell.
Are you looking to help people become better versions of themselves? Do you want to help your team or colleagues perform and improve? Do you wish to have an impact on our audience every time you walk on stage?
If so, then you’ve come to the right place. Storytelling is the best way to connect with your audience, engage them emotionally and help them change their behavior for the better. Stories break barriers, open people up and help us discover new ways of doing things. And that is what I want to teach today.
My name is Alex Glod. When I started off my career as a trainer, I never thought I would have something original to offer my students, I always relied on material and inspiration from others. But in time I learned to integrate my personal stories into my classes and they became the most valuable asset I had to offer. Thanks to my personal stories I grew a strong personal brand, I stood out from the crowd and I’ve had the chance to speak at 3 TEDx events, train thousands of people across Europe and Asia and teach over 28.000 students on Udemy.
During this course I would like to teach you all that I’ve learned about Storytelling and help you make a difference in the lives of the people around you, whether they are your colleagues, customers or students.
You will have access to over 3 hours of video content and several useful resources. You will experience the course as a live training participant, you will see other students taking part in the experience and you will also get to share your stories in the Q&A section.
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF THIS COURSE!
- Over 33 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- How Stories can Persuade and Impact your Audience
- How to Deal with Your Own Anxiety and Insecurities on Stage
- How to Craft Short Persuasive Stories
- How to Tell Stories with Passion and Conviction by Effectively Using Body Language and Voice Modulations
- How to Help Your Customers and Colleagues Transform into Better Versions of Themselves
- Practical assignments at the end of every section
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
- Teachers and Trainers who want to engage with their students on an emotional level and inspire more passion for learning
- Public Speakers who want to build a strong personal brand and make Storytelling a part of their practice
- Leaders who want to inspire their teams to action and build a strong sense of community
- Toastmasters who want to expand their skill set and amaze their audience in every public speech
- YouTubers and Influencers who want to use personal stories in the content they create online
TESTIMONIALS FROM OUR UDEMY STUDENTS
I feel like the platform of this training including the live, small class in a type of home feel Environment really added to the experience. I appreciated the flip board as well. The content was new, interesting and has created a desire to learn more. Thank you!
– David Camarena
Excelent course on how to convay your message to your audience. The length was just right, long enough to teach you how to use and do story telling in your speech or presentation and yet went into enough detail so you could learn the art of “story telling”. I enjoyed the instructor and the presentation a virtual course made me feel like I was there in the class. I am looking to take some of the other classes Alex has he is great to learn from, Thanks.
– Donald Scrima
It was an awesome experience and intellectually stimulating. This has prompted me to think about story telling in my line of work and frame them better! Going to be practicing these concepts from my next task onward.
– Kolitha Bandara
Storytelling is a powerful method to impact, persuade and transform people and your personal stories are your most precious treasure. Join me now on this learning adventure and let’s share that treasure with the world!
- Lectures 35
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Skill level All Levels
- Language English
- Students 3013
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Welcome to the Course!
Storytelling, Persuasion and Managing Our Emotions
- Why Stories Are So Important to Persuasion
- How Persuasive Stories Work
- How to Prepare to Persuade Your Audience
- An Useful Example of Preparing to Persuade and Audience
- Exercise #1 – Prepare to Persuade Your Audience
- Why We Fear Rejection So Much
- How to Manage Your Anxiety
- How to Manage Your Upset or Resentment Towards Difficult People
- How to Manage Your Excitement
- How To Accept and Recover from Rejection
The Storytelling Toolkit
- Introduction to The Storytelling Toolkit
- The Power of Analogy and Allegory
- The Story of Their Potential Future
- The Personal Story
- The Power of Your Voice
- The Dynamic Flow of a Story
- How To Effectively Interact with Your Audience
- Exercise #2 – Craft Your Persuasive Story
- Storytellers in Action – Iulia Sorescu
- Storytellers in Action – Colin Whitfield
- Storytellers in Action – Ariel Chiș
- Storytellers in Action – Luiza Dăncescu
- Closing Section #3
Storytelling for Transformative Leaders & Entrepreneurs
Next Steps In Your Journey + Questions & Answers